Provides Pediatric Care Coordination for clinic patients following established standards and practices under the direction of the…
Current Positions Available
Provides professional nutrition assessment, counseling, education and program evaluation under the direction of the nursing supervisor and supervising physician.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides nutrition assessments for patients.
- Develops and implements nutritional care plans based on assessments and knowledge of chronic disease states.
- Consults with medical providers regarding nutritional status of patients communicating all pertinent information.
- Provides group nutrition education classes as needed
- Provides individual patient education visits when appropriate
- Knowledge of ethnic eating patterns and cultural customs related to food.
- Skill in nutritional assessment.
- Skill in problem-solving and handling crisis situations.
- Skill in developing and presenting patient/staff/community education workshops.
- Ability to analyze medical condition and make appropriate judgments about dietary issues.
- Works collaboratively with other disciplines within NWPC to develop effective teaching strategies that are used in individual and group settings.
- Establishes a mechanism for tracking patient outcomes.
- Develops and/or selects nutrition education materials for clinic.
- Conducts nutrition trainings and provides technical assistance for clinic staff.
- Participates in developing and implementing protocols for nutrition component of clinic services.
- Serves as a liaison to local WIC program agencies, health department and other community nutrition programs.
- Manages, plans and adjusts work time to effectively complete work responsibilities.
- Completes tasks and assignments by scheduled due dates.
- Allocates time to various tasks and assignments in accordance with priorities.
- Informs supervisor when schedule problems occur.
- Adheres to standards of attendance, including rest and meal breaks, punctuality and time off. When absent or late, notifies supervisor in a timely manner before start of scheduled shift.
- Adheres to customer service standards by meeting the needs of internal and external customers through professional interactions.
- Interacts well with coworkers and supervisor in an appropriate and reliable manner and contributes to the team effort.
- Coordinates activities appropriately and effectively and seeks assistance, guidance, and counsel from others as needed.
- Speaks clearly, concisely and using words easily understood.
- Exchanges ideas with others and listens with the intent to understand.
- Writes for the appropriate audience with clear and appropriate skill.
- Generates work in quantities sufficient to meet the needs and expectations of the position and organization.
- Completes work thoroughly, accurately, neatly and concisely.
- Assumes responsibility for work without being told.
- Contributes to a positive organizational culture and morale.
- Works to reduce conflict and establish good working relationships with others.
- Maintains positive, constructive, collaborative, cooperative, professional, friendly, and respectful working relationships with coworkers and supervisors.
- Keeps behaviors, communications and other outward expressions regarding NWPC in a positive manner.
- Meets the expectations of dress and appearance standards.
- Completes OSHA training given by NWPC.
- High school graduate or G.E.D.
- Licensed by the State of Washington
- Washington State Registered Dietitian certified by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Bachelors Degree in Nutrition, food service or community health
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Able to prioritize work load and adjust to the rapidly changing environment of the medical office
A Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (PNP) is an advanced practice nurse who has acquired knowledge and clinical skills in child health care…
A Pediatrician is a physician who specializes in the care of infants, children, adolescents, and young adults…
Behavioral Health Consultant-Level 1 provides behavioral health services and behavioral health education to patients at Northwest Pediatric Center…
Northwest Pediatric Center is excited to invite three new team members aboard! We are looking for strong candidates to join our multidisciplinary...
Integrated Behavioral Health Practice located in beautiful Western Washington, is seeking full and part-time licensed clinicians…