PATIENT INSTRUCTIONS FOR TELEHEALTH VISIT
Our Telehealth platform is called Zoom, which is HIPAA compliant. It requires you to have either high-speed internet or cell phone access.
To Schedule a Telehealth Visit
You can call our office to schedule a Telehealth Visit for your child.
Some visits cannot be done by Telemedicine, but the following is a sampling of the types of visits that can be done by Telehealth:
- Allergies and allergy medication discussion
- Asthma follow-up
- Pink eye
- Contraception discussion
- Birth control follow-ups
- Lab result questions
- Assessment of cuts and lacerations
- Medication reaction
- Mild head trauma
- Cold symptions
- Urination problems
- Yeast infection
- Assessment of rashes
- Behavioral Health visits
- Medication questions/side effects
- Medication rechecks for ADHD
- Infant nutrition questions
How to Prepare for a Telehealth Visit
After you schedule your Telehealth visit, you will receive an e-mail with a Zoom link for your appointment from email@example.com. Please do not open the link until 5 minutes before your appointment.
If you want to do the visit on your computer, your computer needs to have a microphone and video camera. Your phone will also work, but you will need to download the Zoom app onto your phone.
For the visit, please be in a quiet room with just one child and adult when possible. Be there 5 minutes before your appointment time.
Please make sure no one is streaming anything like videos or movies while you are on the Telehealth visit.
Data charges will apply so if you are doing the Telehealth visit on your phone, you may want to make sure you’re using the internet and not using up cell phone data.
Doing Your Telehealth Visit
- Prior to your Telehealth visit, please do a weight and temperature at home and be ready to report this to your provider. If you do not have a thermometer, don’t worry about taking a temperature.
- 5 minutes before your appointment time, open the link under JOIN ZOOM MEETING if you are using your computer. If you are on your phone, click on the blue bar at the bottom of the screen that says “Join a Meeting.”
- Enter the meeting ID listed on your email invitation under JOIN ZOOM MEETING and click Join
- Then select Join with video and on the next screen select Call using internet Audio
- If there is no video when you are on your phone, click on the red “Start Video” button.
- Your provider will join you there when they are ready.
- If the call drops in the middle of the visit, just wait and your provider will reconnect with you.
- NOTE: If child has a rash, please take pictures of the rash before your Telehealth visit. To share a photo of the rash, select the green “Share” button at the bottom of your phone screen and then select the photos that you want to share.
- There is a possibility your provider will need you to come in for an in-person visit after getting information from you during your Telehealth visit. You will only be charged for one visit.
Co-Pays and Insurance
You will be billed for an office visit the same as if you were seen in the office. You can call and pay your co-pay over the phone or you can be billed.
Your cell phone carrier will charge you for data usage whenever you do a Telehealth visit. If you are using a cell phone, we suggest you connect to the internet to avoid mobile data charges.