Considering a telehealth visit?
You can call our office (360-736-6778) to schedule a telehealth appointment for your child. We use Zoom (which is HIPAA-compliant) for all telehealth appointments. If you decide an in-person appointment is best for you, please complete the appointment-request form.
You’ll need either a high-speed internet/Wi-Fi connection or cell-phone access to a strong signal. Although some visits cannot be scheduled using telehealth, these are examples of appropriate telehealth visits:
- ADHD medication rechecks
- Allergies and allergy-medication discussions
- Asthma follow-up
- Behavioral health
- Birth-control follow-up
- Cold symptoms
- Contraception discussions
- Cuts and lacerations assessment
- Infant nutrition
- Lab results
- Medication reactions/side effects
- Mild head trauma
- Pink eye
- Rash assessment
- Urination problems
- Yeast infections
Preparing for your telehealth visit
After you schedule your telehealth visit, we’ll send you an email with a Zoom link for your appointment from . Please do not open the link until five minutes before your appointment. If you’ll be using your computer, it needs to have a functioning microphone and video camera. If you’re using your phone, be sure to download the Zoom app well before your appointment begins.
If your telehealth visit is via cell phone, data charges will apply and you may want to make sure you’re using Wi-Fi, so as not to use up your phone’s monthly data allowance. Make sure no one is streaming anything, such as a video or movie, during the telehealth visit.
Prior to your telehealth visit, please record your child’s weight and temperature (if you have a thermometer), and be ready to report this to your provider. Choose a quiet room, with just one child and adult present, if possible.
If your child has a rash, take pictures of the rash before your telehealth visit. If your appointment includes a discussion of your child’s rash, you can share a photo of the rash by tapping the green “Share” button at the bottom of your phone screen and selecting the photo(s) you want to share.
During your computer or phone telehealth visit
- Five minutes before your appointment begins, open teh Zoom app and click or press “Launch Meeting.”
- Enter the meeting ID, found under “JOIN ZOOM MEETING” in the email you received from email@example.com, and click “Join.”
- Select “Join With Video,” then “Call using Internet Audio.”
- If there is no video when on your phone or computer, click on the red “Start Video” button and wait for your provider to join the appointment.
- If you’re disconnected mid-visit, wait until your provider reconnects with you.
- If your provider needs you to come in for an in-person visit after your telehealth appointment, you will be charged for only one visit.
Co-pays and insurance
Telehealth visits are billed at the same rate as an in-person office visit. You can call us (360-736-6778) to pay your co-pay over the phone, or we can bill you. Note: Please review our no-show and cancellation policy before scheduling an appointment.