Offering some of the best comprehensive pediatric cardiac care in the Puget Sound region, we provide consultation, treatment, support, and education spanning children’s lives from pre-birth through early adulthood. The team’s expert pediatric cardiologists, nurses, and sonographers provide unsurpassed, state-of-the-art medical care at our Centralia campus several days each month.
Sathish Mallenahalli Chikkabyrappa, MD, Josiah Peñalver, MD, Susan “Sudi” Powers, MD, Sue Stephenson, MD, and Donald Trippel, MD, are board-certified pediatric cardiologists from Seattle Children’s Hospital, and see patients at our Centralia office.
What do pediatric cardiologists do?
Pediatric cardiologists evaluate, treat and manage care for babies, children and teens with heart problems. They specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of the whole range of heart diseases, including:
- Aortic stenosi
- Atrial septal defect
- Atrioventricular septal defect
- Coarctation of the aorta
- Double-inlet left ventricle
- Double-outlet right ventricle
- Ebstein’s anomaly
- Heart failure
- Heart murmurs
- Hypoplastic left heart syndrome
- Interrupted aortic arch
- Kawasaki disease
- Long QT syndrome
- Marfan syndrome
- Mitral valve abnormalities
- Patent ductus arteriosus
- Pulmonary atresia
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Pulmonary stenosis
- Rheumatic heart disease
- Supraventricular tachycardia
- Tetralogy of Fallot
- Total anomalous pulmonary venous return
- Transposition of the great arteries
- Tricuspid atresia
- Truncus arteriosus, types I-IV
- Turner syndrome
- Vascular rings
- Ventricular septal defect
- Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome
What services are available?
- Evaluation and treatment for rhythm disturbances
- Neonatal care
- Transitional care for young adults
Contact our referrals department to schedule an appointment.