Provides Pediatric Care Coordination for clinic patients following established standards and practices under the direction of the…
Current Positions Available
Behavioral Health Consultant-Level 1
Provides behavioral health services and behavioral health education to patients at Northwest Pediatric Center. Operates in a consultative role with pediatricians and ARNP’s as part of the care team. Provides recommendations regarding behavioral interventions to the PCP. Conducts brief interventions with referred patients.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Practicing Behavioral Health Consultant.
- Maintains a visible presence to the PCP’s during clinic operating hours.
- Is available or “curbside” consultation (a brief interaction between the PCB and a PCP) by being in the clinic or available by phone or pager.
- Is available for same day and scheduled appointments with patients referred by PCP’s.
- Performs brief, limited follow-up visits for selected patients.
- Provides a range of services including screening for common conditions, assessments, and interventions related to chronic disease management programs.
- Conducts risk assessments, as indicated.
- Provides psycho-education for patients during individual and group visits.
- Assists in the development of clinical pathway programs, group medical appointments, classes, and behavior focused practice protocols.
- Maintains an up to date library of patient education materials for commonly seen problems.
- Identifies, reviews, and modifies patient educational materials for accuracy, literacy level, and cultural appropriateness.
- Provides brief behavioral and cognitive behavioral interventions for patients.
- Triages patients with severe or high-risk behavioral problems to community resources for specialty MH services consistent with level of care criteria.
- Provides PCPs with same-day verbal feedback on client encounters either in person or by phone.
- Facilitates and oversees referrals to specialty MH/SA services, and when appropriate, supports a smooth transition from specialty MH/SA services back to the primary care clinic level of management.
- Educates private and public programs and agencies regarding integrated care programs, in order to establish effective linkages and resources.
- Prepares brief consultant notes for the medical chart that explain assessment findings, interventions delivered, and recommendations made to PCP.
- Maintains clinical records and other necessary paperwork in a timely manner to comply with all administrative regulations.
- Educates PCPs in the basic principles of brief behavioral and cognitive behavioral interventions and reinforce their use in the medical visit.
- Supports collaboration of PCPs and psychiatrists concerning medication protocols.
- Provides assistance in capturing program evaluation and fidelity measures.
- Attends clinic meetings, including all staff, PCP, Clinic Leadership, and Clinic PCBH Committee meetings as requested by Clinic Medical Director and or PCBH Program Supervisor.
- Conduct program evaluation studies.
- On-going development of posters, patient education and other marketing materials using current evidence.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Performs all duties in a manner consistent with the philosophy, policies, and procedures of Northwest Pediatric Center.
- Maintains open communication with all staff members.
- Maintains a neat and clean work environment.
- Attends all appropriate Northwest Pediatric Center meetings.
- Completed a masters in counseling from an accredited program.
- Must have an independent license to practice in their current state of residence and be license eligible in the State of Washington.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Able to prioritize work load and adjust to the rapidly changing environment of the medical office.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Physical requirements for this position include: adequate hearing, seeing, speaking, and keyboard entry abilities.
- This position requires a high degree of mobility related to duties within facilities, and frequent travel between service sites.
- This position requires frequent light work exerting up to 20 pounds of force, and intermittent heavy work related to participation in the transport, positioning and examination of patients.
- Required to provide personal transportation for job duties.
Provides professional nutrition assessment, counseling, education
and program evaluation under the direction of the nursing supervisor…
A Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (PNP) is an advanced practice nurse who has acquired knowledge and clinical skills in child health care…
A Pediatrician is a physician who specializes in the care of infants, children, adolescents, and young adults…
Northwest Pediatric Center is excited to invite three new team members aboard! We are looking for strong candidates to join our multidisciplinary...
Integrated Behavioral Health Practice located in beautiful Western Washington, is seeking full and part-time licensed clinicians…